Cactus Creek Flowers
Caring for Your Cut Flowers
Tips for Cut Flower Care: Making Your Bouquet Last
1. Upon receiving your bouquet, trim at least 1/2" off of the stems to ensure maximum water uptake. Be sure to use clean, sharp scissors or pruning shears.
2. Place your bouquet in a clean vessel with fresh water and floral food (1/2 of the provided packet). Cleanliness is very important to prevent bacteria from entering the flower's stems.
3. Do not place your flowers in direct sunlight. This encourages the flowers to continue maturing, shortening vase life.
4. Avoid placing your flowers near ripening fruit, such as apples or bananas. Fruit gives off a gas called ethylene, which can encourage your flowers to drop their petals.
5. Change the water and replenish with floral food every 2-3 days. Freshly cut flowers will drink A LOT of water.
6. Trim stems 1/2" at each water change. Do not allow leaves or foliage to sit below the water line.
7. Enjoy your flowers!